Sunday, June 14, 2009

I've been gone for awhile but I'm back.


I had this crazy idea that I would jump into the real estate investment market and buy an apartment building. Well, I can tell you it has made my life interesting to say the least. I had this grand illusion that it was be "fun" and fairly "simple." I have lost a lot of nights sleep am learning first handed about the Hispanic culture.

I have been advised by my mentors not to fix my building up because I would never see the value come back to me. They are probably right. From a financial view it's probably a waste of $$$. To me it is not the value and how much money I am going to put in my pocket at the end of the day. It's about giving people a chance to live at a standard that they deserve.

My building is at 12th and Alvarado in downtown Los Angeles.

Here are pictures of my building when started. It is going to be a slow process for me but eventually I plan to give 24 families a decent place to live that is affordable.

No comments: