Sunday, August 3, 2008

Downtown at Pikes Place Market


This is where it started for Starbucks. This was their very first coffee establishment.





This is a famous wall known for it's graffiti made with gum. This is just a little sampling, it is quite a large area full of the gum sculpting.




The owner of the fish booth wanted me to take some pictures. As I was holding up the camera with my 70mm-200mm lens he thought it would be funny to throw a fish at me to scare me. Mission accomplished. It did scare me...luckily it was just a pillow that looked like a fish. But, because I wasn't expecting it and it happened so fast, I did think it was real for the moment.



This is not Alaskan Halibut it is an Octopus! Who are they trying to fool? Those fisherman had a sense of humor.


I had to get in some imagery here. This area means a lot to me. I started my professional career working for Nordstrom in downtown Seattle at the corperate offices up about 4 blocks from the location of these shots. So this was a hangout place for me as a single person.

No comments: